Thanksgiving 2009 in Yountville

 

This year we spent Thanksgiving in Yountville :) It was such a wonderful mini-trip.  I didn't realize that wine country was so beautiful in November. The drive there was breathtaking with all the autumn colors.
 The highlight of our trip was definitely the food. We had a yummy Thanksgiving lunch at the Napa Valley Grill and then a fantastic dinner at Bistro Jeanty.  I ordered their crispy smelt with spicy aioli. I was so happy they had this on their menu again. It is one of my favorite dishes :) The "creme caramel"there is also fantastic.  I inhaled that dessert within 2 seconds. MMM-YUM!


We ended our gourmet mini-vacation with lunch the next day at Bottega. The bread they serve there is too die for.  The pasta dish I ordered was fantastic -"Whole egg taglierini, Manilla clams, Calabrese sausage, garlic, basil, parsley, white wine". Doesn't that just sound fantastic? However, they did have one very weirdly plated course.  My husband ordered their Risoto Del Giorno (which I am assuming is their risoto of the day).  It tasted fantastic but, don't you think they could have cut up the sausage a little ? The way they plated it made it look like a "turd" on top of a scoopful of "diarrhea". Ha ha. 

Comments