Sweet Pea and Lavender Update

I have no more sweetpeas.  I ended up giving them all to my co-worker who truly loves gardening.  When I first picked up the sweetpea seeds, I did not read any of the instructions.   I just looked at the picture and thought " Ooh, pretty flowers".  I actually believed that you could grow them in containers, but no - they belong outside since they are vines that can grow up to 6-8 feet tall.  I'm not ready to grow anything out in the garden, especially since our backyard is full of things like this :

See that dot the arrow is pointing to ?

Well, its actually this :

That spider is HUGE. I think it's 1 inch long.  I am too paranoid to even walk around in the garden because these webs are all over the place.  I hate that feeling when you accidently walk through one of the webs and you feel "web" strings clinging to you all over the place, and then you have to wonder - WHERE IS THE SPIDER  ? Was there a spider in the middle of that web ???

So the last time I saw my sweetpeas, they looked like this :

My co-worker has already informed me that she planted them in her garden and can not wait until the flowers start popping out :)  I can't wait either, since she lives so close - I may have to pop over there and cut me some fresh sweetpeas :)


Now on to my lavender project... I must have planted over 75 little seeds, and only TWO of them sprouted.  I have no idea what I am doing wrong. It's in a bright place and I keep the soil moist.   Then a couple of days ago, the biggest one that sprouted just broke off- GRRR.   Now I have one little itsy bitsy sprout left.  It's been about 2 months, I almost want to give up on it.

I got bored with that one little sprout in the corner, so I spruced it up with a handmade mushroom fairy house :)


Comments