Hello 2011 ?

2010... was the worse year of my life. It was the year my sister was taken away from me. She was robbed of her life at the tender age of 34 from cancer.  I'm still grieving and I don't think it will ever get better.  I miss her more and more as each day goes by.  Every little thing reminds me of her.  Whom ever came up with "Time heals all wounds" does not know what they are talking about.

In a way I'm relieved that 2010 is over since it was filled with so much sadness, yet I don't think I am ready to say Hello to 2011.  2011 will be the first year without my sister.  How can I even think "Happy New Year"?  

Last month, her boyfriend sent me a link to something she posted online 3 years ago on CNN's iReport and today, I have been thinking a lot about what she posted.


My sister titled her report : Experiencing What Life Has to Offer  and this is what she wrote:

My passion in life is to travel.  I think with each trip I take whether it be somewhere across the world or a little place around the corner, I take a moment of happiness with me.
My list of where to travel is infinite, so I will not be listing them. It seems to grow every minute of the day.
My bucket list is more of a philosophy, (that we have all read before) at weak moments I forget it, but most of the time I live by it.
- Live life to the fullest, every moment without regret.
- Love whom ever deserves your love
- Do all you can to help others
and
TRAVEL!

2011 may not be a "Happy New Year" for me, but it will be the year that I start adopting my sister's philosophy. 

Comments