Bhutan Day 4 : Punakha

Visiting Khamsen Yulley Namgyal Choten

Punakha Valley ( Khamsen Yulley Namgyal Chorten is on the left side of the clift).  When I saw how far (and high up) it was, I was already thinking how exhausted I was going to be hiking there ;)
 View from the hike up. I felt like we were always surrounded by clouds.
 Yay! I made it all the way up.
 View of the surrounding valley at Khamsen Yulley Namgyal Chorten.

Visiting the Green School of Bhutan:

Visiting Talo
This was one of my favorite villages in Punakha. It's literally a "castle" in a sky.  It's located high on the hills above Punakha at an altitude of 2800m.  We pass through clouds before reaching the village. And from the Talo Dzong (Monastery), we get the most amazing views.

We are above the clouds !!



Comments