Siem Reap, Cambodia - part I

Our first stop for this years vacation was Siem Reap to visit Angkor Archeological Park.

I actually always thought Angkor was one of the seven man made wonders of the world but I just googled it and found out it wasn't.  It should be though.  The ruins/wats were impressive.

We spent two and half days visiting the ruins with a tour guide I found on TripAdvisor.  I'm on the fence about having hired a guide.  On one hand it made everything really easy - air conditioned car (it was a big plus - it being 32C with 90% humidity) with a very personable guide  but on the other hand it was expensive.  I'm not such a history buff that I needed to know all about the ruins.  Half the time I wasn't even listening to our guide ;)   I was just taking pictures.

I guess what I'm thinking is if you are on a budget and just want to roam around freely, you can definitely do it for much cheaper.  Most hotels include complimentary all day Tuk-Tuk services for their guests. It would have been less comfortable but free :)    All we would have had to pay for would have been the 3 day park pass which was $40 USD.

Here are some of our favorite shots from Siem Reap:

Angkor Wat at sunrise




Ta Prohm

Comments