Highlights of our SDCC 2012 trip

This year my Super Hero cousins joined us the San Diego Comic Con.
It was their first time and they were beyond excited.

One of my favorite costumes this time around had to be this Princess Leia and Hans Solo couple.  Isn't she the prettiest ;) ?

We went to Wootstock.
We spent the night on the sidewalk to make sure that we would get in for the 10 year Firefly Reunion panel.
I snuck a pillow out from our hotel to make my stay on the sidewalk a little more comfortable :)

 I complained and complained about how uncomfortable the sidewalk was but then ended up having a good time making friends and chatting with everyone around us.  The surprise was that I got to meet Joss Whedon.  He showed up at 3am to say "Hi" to everyone and to thank the fans for all their support.
 Adam Baldwin also came by... I wish I had my Jayne hat on.
We waited a total of 13 hours.  Believe it or not, it went by faster than we thought.  Here's a picture of Nick in his Jayne hat... we are still in line but now it's daylight and we have moved inside the convention hall.
The fun part for me was the panel before Firefly was "Legend of Korra".  They did a live reading, they had the audience participate by making sound effects, they showed us a sneak peak of next years episodes and new costumes.
Korra's remains pretty much the same - she now has longer arm guards and her top looks much more like a cheongsam
This would be super easy for me to make the next year...
I'm also thinking about making Asami's - her aviator outfit is way cool !!
So after Korra came our long awaited Firefly panel. The cheering that went on during this emotional reunion...
After this panel, we thought that Comic Con couldn't get any better...but it did!
We enjoyed the rest of the convention buying way too many t-shirts and bumping into random celebrities.
We saw Ginnifer Goodwin from "Once Upon a Time".  I've only watched a couple of episodes but we loved her in "Big Love".  She's super adorable.

We bumped into the talented Felicia Day at Starbucks.  Nick was like "How did you recognize her ???"
We bumped into Joshua Jackson from Fringe at our hotel. He will always be "Pacey" to me from Dawson's Creek.  He's also really hot...(haha).
And finally our favorite - we bumped into Patrick Rothfuss in the convention hall.  We FREAKING LOVE him and his King Killer Chronicles.  I was so excited I turned into a blabber mouth.


This is supposed to be a tough guy pose... Pat (yes..I'm going to call him Pat like I really know him) was doing a great job. Nick, on the other hand...


Comments