Wednesday, July 4, 2012

More progress on Legend of Korra costume

I worked quite a bit on my costume this week.  I wanted to just let the top go and move on but the collar was just bugging the sh*t out of me. It looked off...so I redid the entire thing. I'm glad I did because now it's a major improvement and it actually looks more like Korra's top.

Next came her decorative arm band. It was also another pain in the butt. The little triangles were so much work to sew.
Something so small took over 2 hours to make. Thank goodness it had a dark decorative trim on the top and the bottom because it hid all the uneveness.
The pants were the easiest part to sew. They are so comfortable that I might even use them as pyjamas after the convention :) I actually used the bottom of the Kwik Sew 2943 pattern.  I just omitted the front zipper and instead of a pull string waist, I just used an elastic band. I also added elastic bands at the cuff of each pant leg.

So this is where I am now.  I only have the blue skirt, the trim on the UGG boots and the hair ornaments left to do. I should be done by the end of the week.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...