A Tim Burton Halloween

Finally got around to working on my costume for Yumi's Tim Burton themed Halloween-Birthday party.

I've decided that I'm going as the Corpse Bride.  I have not seen the movie but I'm going to base the costume on these photos that I have found around the web.

It took me forever to figure out how to sew the bodice.  I think it's pretty close to the actual one - the V along the lower body could be a little sharper but I'm not going to even worry about it.  I based it on a vintage Butterick pattern I found on etsy.
 Now I'm waiting for all the fabric paint to dry before I assemble the veil and try on the bodice with the rib cage detail.  I have to wait 4 hours... and I'm not a patient person. I have to get the entire costume finished today !!

 HURRY AND DRY!!!

Comments